We have a proud tradition of providing excellent tennis facilities for Newton Abbot and the surrounding areas. Our current facilities are amongst the best, if not indeed the very best, in the area.
We have 3 outdoor and 1 indoor court all surfaced in Courtstall classic green macadam.
Classic macadam is an excellent surface for all levels of player and encourages and rewards good stroke play.
Our 3 outdoor courts were completely resurfaced in 2012 and are enclosed by all new tennis screens. A fully refurbished club house is adjacent to the courts and is available for members, guests and visitors.
The indoor court is used mainly for coaching but is available for play at certain times during the week and may be booked on the weekly booking sheets. There is a small extra charge for use of the indoor court.
- Our tennis courts are available for hire by non members Monday – Friday 9am to 4pm at £3 per person, per hour. Just turn up and pay at reception.
- Mens, Ladies and Mixed teams play in the Exeter and District Leagues and the South Devon Tennis League and are always on the look out to strengthen their squads.
- We run regular competitions during the summer season.
- Summer club sessions are Saturday afternoons 1:30 – 4pm and Tuesday evenings 6:30pm until late. Ask at reception for contact details.
- Winter club sessions are Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings (times as above).
- Tennis members automatically have full membership of the club bar (The Sportsmans Arms), the squash and racketball courts, on site parking and full changing and showering facilities.
- Members may book courts on the weekly booking sheets in the tennis pavilion. Outside courts are free to members at all times. Floodlighting is charged, via membership operated card, at £2.40 per hour, per court.