Summer Teams Rules
Summer team squash is all about having fun and socialising with fellow club members whilst continuing to play squash during the off season. To achieve that goal people need to be committed to this principle and be at the club for the duration of the evening to create the right atmosphere and support their fellow team mates during their games. If you do not feel you can commit to this then please consider putting your name down as a reserve only.
In order to reinvigorate summer teams this year we have decided to change the format and expectations of the players. Please make sure you understand these expectations and we hope to see you on court over the summer months.
SUMMER TEAMS RULES
• There will be a restriction to the numbers - maximum 60 participants with 5 members per team; 4 squash and 1 racketball
• Play will start at 6.30pm on the dot!
• Players will be assigned a time slot to play on the night of their play, so you must be available to start at 6.30pm as times will change over the weeks.
• If you cannot turn up at 6.30pm, you MUST inform your team captain and opponent who can make rearrange your court time on your behalf.
• Opposing teams will be assigned a court and will share another court with another set of teams
• ALL matches must be marked
• You MUST pay before you play. There will be a forfeit of 2 points per person that does not pay before they step on court. Team captains will be responsible for collecting money. Even if you do not stay for food, the price will be £6, this pays for not only the food, but the court and the lights
• Play will be finished by 9pm if the rules are adhered to
• Play will be on alternate weeks starting 6th June 2017
• There will be 10 weeks of play, with the semi finals night on 5th September 2017 and finals night 8th September 2017
• If necessary those in the 4th string will be handicapped.
• Team shirts will be organised this year with individual team names. If you order a t-shirt you MUST pay for it, even if you have chosen the wrong size, so be careful which size you pick. If you want more than one t-shirt please indicate this. It is not mandatory to have a t-shirt, but will make you more identifiable to your team. T-shirts will remain at £7 each. There are female and male sizes, please indicate which one you want.
• Each ‘couple’ will be given 30 minutes of court time; 5 minutes to warm up and 25 minutes to play, you will play for the full length of time
• If you leave the court in this time, except for injury or a broken racket you will forfeit 2 points from your team
• Play will be American scoring and will continue past 15 until the end of the 25 minutes
• Scores will be given per 15 points gained e.g 30-15 = 2-1 29-14= 1-0
• If both players are playing off scratch and at the end of the 25 minutes it is 14-14, 29-29, 44-44 etc, it will be sudden death to establish a winner
• There will be 5 bonus points awarded to the winning team. If the team scores are the same at the end of the night then you count up the gross scores from each team match and the team with the most points gets an additional point plus the 5 winning team bonus points
Summer teams is designed to be a social event, get to know new people and to play a game of squash, please do not ruin this for others by not adhering to the rules. There will be forfeits for the teams who do not abide by these rules.
If you do not intend on playing and being present for the entire evening, do not put your name down. There is a reserve list if you cannot commit to this.